Considering everyone and their mother has done a freestyle over Wiz Khalifa’s breakthrough smash Black & Yellow – seriously, my mom f**king killed that beat – it’s only right that the main man himself has finally supplied the official remix…excuse me, G-Mix. Joining the Khalifa man over Stargate’s instantly recognizable beat (that’s right, two Swedish dudes created that banging and sparkling beat) are purple and yellow proponent Snoop Dogg, who contributes a minimal, relaxed verse, Three 6 co-founder Juicy J, who’s apparently “a bumblebee light up like a Christmas tree,” and the god of auto-tune T-Pain, who easily delivers the song’s most entertaining section, followed by Wiz closing out the festivities with a typically smoky, though remarkably swaggish, brand new verse. Even with such high profile additions I’m frankly not sure it’s better than the original, for me the G-Mix actually dilutes the simple and catchy appeal of Black & Yellow, but I’m sure that’s a point DJBooth Nation is debating as we speak in the comments below. So what are you waiting for? Get to listening. Just push (play) to start.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.