Considering everyone and their mother has done a freestyle over Wiz Khalifa’s breakthrough smash Black & Yellow – seriously, my mom f**king killed that beat – it’s only right that the main man himself has finally supplied the official remix…excuse me, G-Mix. Joining the Khalifa man over Stargate’s instantly recognizable beat (that’s right, two Swedish dudes created that banging and sparkling beat) are purple and yellow proponent Snoop Dogg, who contributes a minimal, relaxed verse, Three 6 co-founder Juicy J, who’s apparently “a bumblebee light up like a Christmas tree,” and the god of auto-tune T-Pain, who easily delivers the song’s most entertaining section, followed by Wiz closing out the festivities with a typically smoky, though remarkably swaggish, brand new verse. Even with such high profile additions I’m frankly not sure it’s better than the original, for me the G-Mix actually dilutes the simple and catchy appeal of Black & Yellow, but I’m sure that’s a point DJBooth Nation is debating as we speak in the comments below. So what are you waiting for? Get to listening. Just push (play) to start.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.