Considering everyone and their mother has done a freestyle over Wiz Khalifa’s breakthrough smash Black & Yellow – seriously, my mom f**king killed that beat – it’s only right that the main man himself has finally supplied the official remix…excuse me, G-Mix. Joining the Khalifa man over Stargate’s instantly recognizable beat (that’s right, two Swedish dudes created that banging and sparkling beat) are purple and yellow proponent Snoop Dogg, who contributes a minimal, relaxed verse, Three 6 co-founder Juicy J, who’s apparently “a bumblebee light up like a Christmas tree,” and the god of auto-tune T-Pain, who easily delivers the song’s most entertaining section, followed by Wiz closing out the festivities with a typically smoky, though remarkably swaggish, brand new verse. Even with such high profile additions I’m frankly not sure it’s better than the original, for me the G-Mix actually dilutes the simple and catchy appeal of Black & Yellow, but I’m sure that’s a point DJBooth Nation is debating as we speak in the comments below. So what are you waiting for? Get to listening. Just push (play) to start.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.