Let’s be real: if you find it easy to relate to others, you’re probably not going to spend long, lonely hours perfecting the art of expressing yourself in rhyme. Whereas most emcees seem determined to maintain the myth that they’re as charismatic in real life as they come off in their verses, Booth newcomer Witty Rock freely admits to being (in his own words) a Social Retard. The follow-up to February’s Culture, this new single sees Witty adopting a more off-kilter, slurred delivery (shades of Chance the Rapper) as he spits about his misfit status with a mixture of pride and self-deprecation. Junior, a fellow member of the 9BM, jumps on Ralph French‘s woozy guitar-loop beat to deliver a gruff middle verse. Sure to strike a chord with anyone who’s ever felt like they didn’t quite fit in (so, just about all of us), this joint is slated to appear on Witty’s Morning Breath EP, dropping digitally May 25.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rappers N' Drugz" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.