Let’s be real: if you find it easy to relate to others, you’re probably not going to spend long, lonely hours perfecting the art of expressing yourself in rhyme. Whereas most emcees seem determined to maintain the myth that they’re as charismatic in real life as they come off in their verses, Booth newcomer Witty Rock freely admits to being (in his own words) a Social Retard. The follow-up to February’s Culture, this new single sees Witty adopting a more off-kilter, slurred delivery (shades of Chance the Rapper) as he spits about his misfit status with a mixture of pride and self-deprecation. Junior, a fellow member of the 9BM, jumps on Ralph French‘s woozy guitar-loop beat to deliver a gruff middle verse. Sure to strike a chord with anyone who’s ever felt like they didn’t quite fit in (so, just about all of us), this joint is slated to appear on Witty’s Morning Breath EP, dropping digitally May 25.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rappers N' Drugz" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.