Though the substance du jour is always changing (Molly’s currently enjoying its day in the sun.), Rappers N’ Drugz have gone together since the dawn of hip-hop. A Booth newcomer affiliated with Baltimore’s ‘90s BayB Mastermind Camp, Witty Rock celebrates their long and fruitful relationship on a brand new promo single. Atlanta-based beatsmith Ralph French handles production duties, layering a syrupy-slow sample over a thumping rhythm section as the emcee encourages listeners to, “pop somthin’, smoke somethin’, drink somethin’” Feeling it? Stay tuned; this intoxicating jam isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from this promising DMV representative.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.