Being an American Studies major in college, I analyzed my fair share of Cultures, but the material that I studied was nothing like Witty Rock’s latest effort. After being introduced to Boothies last week, on the accurately-titled Rappers N’ Drugz, Rock has returned with a more aggressive cut. Producer DEFX sets the tone with frenzied yet intricate board work, featuring a robotic beat that is spliced with an eerie screaming sample, that resonates when placed behind the DMV native’s unique style. Rock’s hostile, slurred approach echos out atop the beat, notable because in order to standout over this production, one would have to maintain a certain amount of edginess. Thankfully, Witty has all that and more, making for really unequalled listening experience. Want to know more about his Culture? We suggest legally loitering at The DJBooth, because it won’t be long before we hear more from Witty Rock.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rappers N' Drugz" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.