Being an American Studies major in college, I analyzed my fair share of Cultures, but the material that I studied was nothing like Witty Rock’s latest effort. After being introduced to Boothies last week, on the accurately-titled Rappers N’ Drugz, Rock has returned with a more aggressive cut. Producer DEFX sets the tone with frenzied yet intricate board work, featuring a robotic beat that is spliced with an eerie screaming sample, that resonates when placed behind the DMV native’s unique style. Rock’s hostile, slurred approach echos out atop the beat, notable because in order to standout over this production, one would have to maintain a certain amount of edginess. Thankfully, Witty has all that and more, making for really unequalled listening experience. Want to know more about his Culture? We suggest legally loitering at The DJBooth, because it won’t be long before we hear more from Witty Rock.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rappers N' Drugz" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!