Being an American Studies major in college, I analyzed my fair share of Cultures, but the material that I studied was nothing like Witty Rock’s latest effort. After being introduced to Boothies last week, on the accurately-titled Rappers N’ Drugz, Rock has returned with a more aggressive cut. Producer DEFX sets the tone with frenzied yet intricate board work, featuring a robotic beat that is spliced with an eerie screaming sample, that resonates when placed behind the DMV native’s unique style. Rock’s hostile, slurred approach echos out atop the beat, notable because in order to standout over this production, one would have to maintain a certain amount of edginess. Thankfully, Witty has all that and more, making for really unequalled listening experience. Want to know more about his Culture? We suggest legally loitering at The DJBooth, because it won’t be long before we hear more from Witty Rock.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rappers N' Drugz" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.