Witty is a sharp lyricist, but don’t let his stage name give you the wrong impression. As those who tuned in for last month’s Dinner for Two already know, the Connecticut repper is less interested in coming up with clever bon mots than he is in baring his soul on wax. The newly-released Like I Do follows in its predecessor’s brutally honest footsteps, featuring Witty pouring out his feelings to a ex who left him feeling like a shell of his former self. His feverish, emotionally-charged bars come backed by the tweaked samples and trap-tinged percussion of Tido Hayes. This promo cut is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on this Constitution State buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.