Witty is a sharp lyricist, but don’t let his stage name give you the wrong impression. As those who tuned in for last month’s Dinner for Two already know, the Connecticut repper is less interested in coming up with clever bon mots than he is in baring his soul on wax. The newly-released Like I Do follows in its predecessor’s brutally honest footsteps, featuring Witty pouring out his feelings to a ex who left him feeling like a shell of his former self. His feverish, emotionally-charged bars come backed by the tweaked samples and trap-tinged percussion of Tido Hayes. This promo cut is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on this Constitution State buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.