Witty is a sharp lyricist, but don’t let his stage name give you the wrong impression. As those who tuned in for last month’s Dinner for Two already know, the Connecticut repper is less interested in coming up with clever bon mots than he is in baring his soul on wax. The newly-released Like I Do follows in its predecessor’s brutally honest footsteps, featuring Witty pouring out his feelings to a ex who left him feeling like a shell of his former self. His feverish, emotionally-charged bars come backed by the tweaked samples and trap-tinged percussion of Tido Hayes. This promo cut is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on this Constitution State buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.