At the top of the month, we heard Connecticut buzzmaker Witty pour his soul out to an ex on the reader-acclaimed Like I Do. A few weeks on, the pain of heartbreak hasn’t exactly faded, but it seems to have been overshadowed by anxiety regarding his place in the hip-hop game. On new promo single Leave, Witty laces a string-fueled Redhooknoodle instrumental with rhymes detailing his professional doubts and frustrations. (I would write that his bars reminded me of early Slim Shady, but that comparison happens to be one of his pet peeves.) Trippz Michaud provides a sung hook as well as a breathless guest 16. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but fans, of course, can keep it locked for the latest on Witty’s plans.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.