At the top of the month, we heard Connecticut buzzmaker Witty pour his soul out to an ex on the reader-acclaimed Like I Do. A few weeks on, the pain of heartbreak hasn’t exactly faded, but it seems to have been overshadowed by anxiety regarding his place in the hip-hop game. On new promo single Leave, Witty laces a string-fueled Redhooknoodle instrumental with rhymes detailing his professional doubts and frustrations. (I would write that his bars reminded me of early Slim Shady, but that comparison happens to be one of his pet peeves.) Trippz Michaud provides a sung hook as well as a breathless guest 16. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but fans, of course, can keep it locked for the latest on Witty’s plans.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.