Fresh off garnering rave reader reviews for late July’s Kindest Regards, the title track off his next street album, the artist formerly known as Witty returns to the Booth with another new single—and a new stage name, to boot. Though the Connecticut buzzmaker’s now calling himself Witt Lowry, nothing about his style has changed, judging by promo single Lay Here. His verses, which find him venting his frustrations with a woman in his life, are as eloquent, thoughtful and emotionally-charged as we’ve come to expect from the unsigned buzzmaker. Tido Vegas builds his instrumental around a sample from Let It Go, a joint by singer/songwriter James Bay. Lay Here is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Lowry as we learn more about his plans.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.