Fresh off garnering rave reader reviews for late July’s Kindest Regards, the title track off his next street album, the artist formerly known as Witty returns to the Booth with another new single—and a new stage name, to boot. Though the Connecticut buzzmaker’s now calling himself Witt Lowry, nothing about his style has changed, judging by promo single Lay Here. His verses, which find him venting his frustrations with a woman in his life, are as eloquent, thoughtful and emotionally-charged as we’ve come to expect from the unsigned buzzmaker. Tido Vegas builds his instrumental around a sample from Let It Go, a joint by singer/songwriter James Bay. Lay Here is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Lowry as we learn more about his plans.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.