Sometimes a given nickname make perfect sense, like calling Michael Jordan “His Airness.” On the other hand, though, there are times when these names go in the complete opposite direction, like calling a 350lb man named Kevin, “Little Kevin” (a la The Wire). The stage name of Booth newcomer Wispers falls into the latter category. While his moniker might suggest a shy, timid approach on the mic, his latest effort Feelin Likeis anything but, as the emcee cuts through J. Cardim‘s production with a furious style. Atop the uptempo beat, which sounds like a 70’s cop movie made love to the theme song from the Peoples Court, Wispers grab your attention with a hungry, unapologetic flow; he even opts to ignore a hook, allowing for more time to pepper the beat with his gritty wordplay. Fans of Feelin Like should hop on board of his Flight mixtape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
Code of Silence
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.