Sometimes a given nickname make perfect sense, like calling Michael Jordan “His Airness.” On the other hand, though, there are times when these names go in the complete opposite direction, like calling a 350lb man named Kevin, “Little Kevin” (a la The Wire). The stage name of Booth newcomer Wispers falls into the latter category. While his moniker might suggest a shy, timid approach on the mic, his latest effort Feelin Likeis anything but, as the emcee cuts through J. Cardim‘s production with a furious style. Atop the uptempo beat, which sounds like a 70’s cop movie made love to the theme song from the Peoples Court, Wispers grab your attention with a hungry, unapologetic flow; he even opts to ignore a hook, allowing for more time to pepper the beat with his gritty wordplay. Fans of Feelin Like should hop on board of his Flight mixtape, out now.
Code of Silence
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.