Sometimes a given nickname make perfect sense, like calling Michael Jordan “His Airness.” On the other hand, though, there are times when these names go in the complete opposite direction, like calling a 350lb man named Kevin, “Little Kevin” (a la The Wire). The stage name of Booth newcomer Wispers falls into the latter category. While his moniker might suggest a shy, timid approach on the mic, his latest effort Feelin Likeis anything but, as the emcee cuts through J. Cardim‘s production with a furious style. Atop the uptempo beat, which sounds like a 70’s cop movie made love to the theme song from the Peoples Court, Wispers grab your attention with a hungry, unapologetic flow; he even opts to ignore a hook, allowing for more time to pepper the beat with his gritty wordplay. Fans of Feelin Like should hop on board of his Flight mixtape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/13
Code of Silence
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)