Sometimes a given nickname make perfect sense, like calling Michael Jordan “His Airness.” On the other hand, though, there are times when these names go in the complete opposite direction, like calling a 350lb man named Kevin, “Little Kevin” (a la The Wire). The stage name of Booth newcomer Wispers falls into the latter category. While his moniker might suggest a shy, timid approach on the mic, his latest effort Feelin Likeis anything but, as the emcee cuts through J. Cardim‘s production with a furious style. Atop the uptempo beat, which sounds like a 70’s cop movie made love to the theme song from the Peoples Court, Wispers grab your attention with a hungry, unapologetic flow; he even opts to ignore a hook, allowing for more time to pepper the beat with his gritty wordplay. Fans of Feelin Like should hop on board of his Flight mixtape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/13
Submit your Rating
Code of Silence
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.