First Wizdom, and now Wise – I’m beginning to think that Facemusic may be the smartest indie in the whole hip-hop game. As evidenced by I Don’t Believe You (another Booth-exclusive world premiere!), however, even the most intellectually gifted fellas (and ladies, for that matter) can say and do some incredibly boneheaded things when love and lust come into the picture – like, say, cheating on your main squeeze, not coming up with an airtight alibi and calling your girl by the wrong name. Fortunately, this first-time featuree’s mic skills are much sharper than his powers of persuasion. Backed by emcee/producer D. Focis’ characteristically spacey, head-noddable production, the Northeastern up-and-comer does his damndest to smooth things over in engaging, conversational verses – but despite his best efforts, the woman in question (played by R&B singer Mykel) refuses to be won over. Has this music put a smile on your face? Well, there will be plenty more where this came from on the DJBooth.net-sponsored D.Focis Presents: WFAC Facemusic Radio, set to hit our front page June 3.
Written by richard on 05/18/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.