First Wizdom, and now Wise – I’m beginning to think that Facemusic may be the smartest indie in the whole hip-hop game. As evidenced by I Don’t Believe You (another Booth-exclusive world premiere!), however, even the most intellectually gifted fellas (and ladies, for that matter) can say and do some incredibly boneheaded things when love and lust come into the picture – like, say, cheating on your main squeeze, not coming up with an airtight alibi and calling your girl by the wrong name. Fortunately, this first-time featuree’s mic skills are much sharper than his powers of persuasion. Backed by emcee/producer D. Focis’ characteristically spacey, head-noddable production, the Northeastern up-and-comer does his damndest to smooth things over in engaging, conversational verses – but despite his best efforts, the woman in question (played by R&B singer Mykel) refuses to be won over. Has this music put a smile on your face? Well, there will be plenty more where this came from on the DJBooth.net-sponsored D.Focis Presents: WFAC Facemusic Radio, set to hit our front page June 3.
Written by richard on 05/18/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.