With a name like Winner’s Circle, these guys must know how to celebrate in style, right? To answer my own rhetorical question, damn straight – and their latest offering, leak numero dos off their forthcoming street album, is proof. Making its world premiere here in the Booth, ‘Til the Lights Come On is a party jam par excellence, with beatsmith Mark Henry‘s retro-informed percussion/sample production backing the braggadocious, liquor-soaked lyricism of 386 Music all-stars Phil Adé, Da Phuture, Dee Boy and Stello. On the brassy chorus, D.C. crooner Raheem DeVaughn takes center stage, cutting through the ruckus with a little (just a little) help from everyone’s favorite studio effect. So, Booth readers, will you be flipping this one on at your next house party? Those digging Winner’s Circle’s victorious grooves can find this cut, the previously-featured 368 Killin ‘Em, and much more on their Smoking Section/DJBooth-cosponsored 368 FTW Vol. 1 street album, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 16.
Written by richard on 08/30/10
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"368 Killin' Em" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)