With a name like Winner’s Circle, these guys must know how to celebrate in style, right? To answer my own rhetorical question, damn straight – and their latest offering, leak numero dos off their forthcoming street album, is proof. Making its world premiere here in the Booth, ‘Til the Lights Come On is a party jam par excellence, with beatsmith Mark Henry‘s retro-informed percussion/sample production backing the braggadocious, liquor-soaked lyricism of 386 Music all-stars Phil Adé, Da Phuture, Dee Boy and Stello. On the brassy chorus, D.C. crooner Raheem DeVaughn takes center stage, cutting through the ruckus with a little (just a little) help from everyone’s favorite studio effect. So, Booth readers, will you be flipping this one on at your next house party? Those digging Winner’s Circle’s victorious grooves can find this cut, the previously-featured 368 Killin ‘Em, and much more on their Smoking Section/DJBooth-cosponsored 368 FTW Vol. 1 street album, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 16.
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"368 Killin' Em" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.