With a name like Winner’s Circle, these guys must know how to celebrate in style, right? To answer my own rhetorical question, damn straight – and their latest offering, leak numero dos off their forthcoming street album, is proof. Making its world premiere here in the Booth, ‘Til the Lights Come On is a party jam par excellence, with beatsmith Mark Henry‘s retro-informed percussion/sample production backing the braggadocious, liquor-soaked lyricism of 386 Music all-stars Phil Adé, Da Phuture, Dee Boy and Stello. On the brassy chorus, D.C. crooner Raheem DeVaughn takes center stage, cutting through the ruckus with a little (just a little) help from everyone’s favorite studio effect. So, Booth readers, will you be flipping this one on at your next house party? Those digging Winner’s Circle’s victorious grooves can find this cut, the previously-featured 368 Killin ‘Em, and much more on their Smoking Section/DJBooth-cosponsored 368 FTW Vol. 1 street album, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 16.
Written by richard on 08/30/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"368 Killin' Em" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.