Remember Winner’s Circle, the Raheem Devaughn-fronted supergroup who brought us 368 FTW Vol. 1? Well, forget about them for the next few minutes, because they’ve got nothing to do with this Winners Circle, a Booth-newcoming duo made up of Pennsylvania’s Marcus Eugene (a former All American and pro overseas baller) and Ohio’s Starks (a former Division One football player). On Hail to the King, the lead single off their debut mixtape, the Blue Collar Gang affiliates showcase their victorious lyrical stylings over a laid-back, reggae-informed beat by Sinima. Maybach Music artist Rockie Fresh contributes guest bars. Feeling it? You can look forward to more dope rhymes and notable guest features (Kendrick Lamar and Curren$y are just two of many big-name contributors) on the duo’s self-titled street album, dropping on an as yet-undetermined date in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.