Remember Winner’s Circle, the Raheem Devaughn-fronted supergroup who brought us 368 FTW Vol. 1? Well, forget about them for the next few minutes, because they’ve got nothing to do with this Winners Circle, a Booth-newcoming duo made up of Pennsylvania’s Marcus Eugene (a former All American and pro overseas baller) and Ohio’s Starks (a former Division One football player). On Hail to the King, the lead single off their debut mixtape, the Blue Collar Gang affiliates showcase their victorious lyrical stylings over a laid-back, reggae-informed beat by Sinima. Maybach Music artist Rockie Fresh contributes guest bars. Feeling it? You can look forward to more dope rhymes and notable guest features (Kendrick Lamar and Curren$y are just two of many big-name contributors) on the duo’s self-titled street album, dropping on an as yet-undetermined date in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.