As my father always said, “Son, never run From the Cops. And if you do, don’t stop.” OK, OK, I made that up – but it’s damned good advice, if I do say so myself. On the latest mixtape leak from Winner’s Circle, the 368 Music Group all-stars use outrunning the authorities as a metaphor for their unstoppable grind toward musical superstardom. Arsonal mans the boards, serving up a grimy synth instrumental considerably harder-nosed than what we’ve heard on the crew’s previous features (complete with a hook sampled from Weezy‘s verse on Forever), as freestyle series alum Phil Adé and his fellow Winners, Dee Boy and Phuture, give listeners the lowdown on their indomitable hustle – well, that and their shared love of the kush. Have the Winner’s Circle lived up to their name yet again? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Those digging it can find Cops, as well as previously-leaked cuts ‘Til the Lights Come On and 368 Killin’ Em, on their Booth-sponsored 368 FTW Vol. 1 , set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download October 27.
Written by richard on 10/18/10
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"368 Killin' Em" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)