As my father always said, “Son, never run From the Cops. And if you do, don’t stop.” OK, OK, I made that up – but it’s damned good advice, if I do say so myself. On the latest mixtape leak from Winner’s Circle, the 368 Music Group all-stars use outrunning the authorities as a metaphor for their unstoppable grind toward musical superstardom. Arsonal mans the boards, serving up a grimy synth instrumental considerably harder-nosed than what we’ve heard on the crew’s previous features (complete with a hook sampled from Weezy‘s verse on Forever), as freestyle series alum Phil Adé and his fellow Winners, Dee Boy and Phuture, give listeners the lowdown on their indomitable hustle – well, that and their shared love of the kush. Have the Winner’s Circle lived up to their name yet again? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Those digging it can find Cops, as well as previously-leaked cuts ‘Til the Lights Come On and 368 Killin’ Em, on their Booth-sponsored 368 FTW Vol. 1 , set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download October 27.
Written by richard on 10/18/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"368 Killin' Em" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)