As the first Arizona native to release a major-label rap album (Tha Connect via DTP/Def Jam), Willy Northpole has seen plenty of hate come his way—some claim that he doesn’t give back to his home city, while others are quick to point to his album’s failure to chart on the Billboard 200. On newly-leaked mixtape cut Garbage Disposal 3, Willy takes his critics on a trip to the local dump, clearing up a few lingering issues along the way: over his own had-hitting boardwork, the artist links his album’s low sales numbers to MJ‘s death two days after its release, and explains that, while he supports local music, he resents other rappers’ tendency to talk behind his back. If you’re one of the haters in question, it’s a good bet the versatility Willy displays here will leave you speechless. If you’re not one of those snakes in the grass, though, then you’ll want to stay tuned for further info on the emcee’s forthcoming mixtape, which has yet too receive a title or release date.
Listen to More: Willy Northpole Written by Burmy
Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Body Marked Up" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.