Though rappers are often assumed to be players unwilling to commit to any one partner, that stereotype (like most) is not entirely accurate—in most cases, they simply need to find someone who can deal with their uniquely taxing lifestyle a musical career necessitates. Just ask Willy Northpole, whose inability to settle down put a strain on his relationship with his #1 Chick—that is, until the two agreed that they could each enjoy a little something on the side. Former DTP labelmate Bobby V provides the obligatory R&B hook, and Khao delivers a synth-driven beat that would make any rapper sound good, but proves particularly suited to Northpole’s flow. For more deep, thoughtful jams straight outta the AZ steets, pick up Willy Northpole’s long-awaited debut album, Tha Connect, set to (finally) drop June 23.
Written by Burmy on 06/18/09
Submit your Rating
Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Body Marked Up" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.