Though rappers are often assumed to be players unwilling to commit to any one partner, that stereotype (like most) is not entirely accurate—in most cases, they simply need to find someone who can deal with their uniquely taxing lifestyle a musical career necessitates. Just ask Willy Northpole, whose inability to settle down put a strain on his relationship with his #1 Chick—that is, until the two agreed that they could each enjoy a little something on the side. Former DTP labelmate Bobby V provides the obligatory R&B hook, and Khao delivers a synth-driven beat that would make any rapper sound good, but proves particularly suited to Northpole’s flow. For more deep, thoughtful jams straight outta the AZ steets, pick up Willy Northpole’s long-awaited debut album, Tha Connect, set to (finally) drop June 23.
Written by Burmy on 06/18/09
Submit your Rating
Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Body Marked Up" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.