Though rappers are often assumed to be players unwilling to commit to any one partner, that stereotype (like most) is not entirely accurate—in most cases, they simply need to find someone who can deal with their uniquely taxing lifestyle a musical career necessitates. Just ask Willy Northpole, whose inability to settle down put a strain on his relationship with his #1 Chick—that is, until the two agreed that they could each enjoy a little something on the side. Former DTP labelmate Bobby V provides the obligatory R&B hook, and Khao delivers a synth-driven beat that would make any rapper sound good, but proves particularly suited to Northpole’s flow. For more deep, thoughtful jams straight outta the AZ steets, pick up Willy Northpole’s long-awaited debut album, Tha Connect, set to (finally) drop June 23.
Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Body Marked Up" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.