In every hood across America there are a handful of children who hope to one day become superstar rappers. Unfortunately, for every one child who grows up and is blessed with the opportunity to record music as a profession, there are hundreds more who must keep dreaming. A member of the lucky minority is Phoenix, Arizona emcee Willy Northpole, who, after a fortunate business meeting with Atlanta icon Ludacris signed a record deal with DTP/Def Jam and is currently looking forward to the ‘09 release of his debut album. On his brand new single, Hood Dreamer, the always-on-his-grind Arizonian is assisted by frequently-featured Booth favorite B.o.B., and Grand Hustle in-house duo Nard & B. With one dream down, how many more will follow?
Written by DJ Z on 11/9/08
Submit your Rating
Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Body Marked Up" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.