On February 3rd, the Patriots and Giants will compete for the Lombardi Trophy in Glendale, Arizona. While that game will take center stage, another competition continues to brew in the Valley of the Sun; G-Unit‘s Young Hot Rod and Black Wall Street‘s Juice have been joined by DTP signee, Willy Northpole, in the race for Arizona’s Hip-Hop bragging rights. With an original flow (let’s call it conversational), Northpole talks about the ink all over his skin and the meaning behind it on Body Marked Up. Producer Wonka provides a beat strong enough to be an appropriate backdrop, but soft enough to make listeners focus on Northpole’s flow. Willy’s debut album, Tha Connect, is tentatively set to drop later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/23/08
Submit your Rating
Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Call Up The Homies ft. The Game & Willy Northpole" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.