Think Willow Smith is only popular because her dad is the Fresh Prince? Think again. Sure, her pops is famous, but Willow has the vocal chops to make it without any help from her dear old(er) dad. Take her new kinda-single, Sugar and Spice, a mellow yet powerful record, which serves as evidence that she can stand on her own two. An unaccredited producer molds Radiohead’s Codex to serve as the backdrop for Smith’s hauntingly elegant vocals. The Radiohead sample is fitting, too, as the track has a definite experimental quality to it. In fact, Smith’s interesting, morose lyrics and emotional vocal performance would make it seem as though she is Thom Yorke’s offspring, not Smith’s. There is no word yet on whether or not SAS will make her currently unscheduled debut album, Knees And Elbows, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for more.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip My Hair" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.