Think Willow Smith is only popular because her dad is the Fresh Prince? Think again. Sure, her pops is famous, but Willow has the vocal chops to make it without any help from her dear old(er) dad. Take her new kinda-single, Sugar and Spice, a mellow yet powerful record, which serves as evidence that she can stand on her own two. An unaccredited producer molds Radiohead’s Codex to serve as the backdrop for Smith’s hauntingly elegant vocals. The Radiohead sample is fitting, too, as the track has a definite experimental quality to it. In fact, Smith’s interesting, morose lyrics and emotional vocal performance would make it seem as though she is Thom Yorke’s offspring, not Smith’s. There is no word yet on whether or not SAS will make her currently unscheduled debut album, Knees And Elbows, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for more.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip My Hair" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.