At the age of 11, most us have barely begun the endless work of defining ourselves as individuals. It goes without saying that life as a celebrity, with the constant attention and judgment that it invites, would be a stress that most preteens could do without. If you’re wondering whether Willow Smith can withstand the burning glare of the spotlight, however, it seems that the budding pop songstress has it covered. A new single penned by the artist herself along with Wild Ones hookwoman Sia and Fuego, I’m Me finds the artist asserting herself with a confidence that many twice her age have yet to achieve. Abandoning the bells and whistles of her past releases in favor of a raw and unadorned vocal presentation and a stripped-down piano backdrop, Smith expresses her determination to keep it real and express herself, regardless of what anyone else has to say about her. And in the record’s official video, she proves it, rocking a shaved head,/skinny jeans/giant orange polka dot shirt ensemble with unflappable self-confidence and panache. Willow’s debut set, the long-delayed Knees & Elbows, has yet to receive a solid drop date from the Roc Nation/Universal brass, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip My Hair" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.