In the 17th century the daughter of world renowned celebrities couldn’t have dreamed of releasing a hit single (Whip My Hair), signing to Roc Nation and quickly becoming an overnight celebrity in her own right, but Willow Smith is a 21st Century Girl. For the second single of her young, literally, career Willow has recruited producers Twin & Alke to craft an up-tempo and electronically drenched beat that walks the thin line between electro-rock, R&B and pop. For her part Willow continues to vocally deliver well beyond her years – she may not have a powerhouse voice, but her delivery proves she’s definitely got her parents’ acting genes. Love it or hate it, it’s hard to imagine Willow veering too far from the catchy anthem blueprint laid out by Whip My Hair and 21st Century Girl for the foreseeable future, so you’re well advised to get used to it. There’s currently no release date set for Ms. Smith’s upcoming, currently untitled album, but believe me, with Jay-Z, Columbia and most of Hollywood behind her, you’ll know well before the project drops.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip My Hair" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.