In September of ’06, DJ Drama’s Aphilliates Music Group signed a major distribution deal with WMG’s Asylum Records. Later this year, the first project under this label marriage will be released, courtesy of the “Crown Prince,” Willie The Kid. No stranger to the rap game, Willie has been penning records for over ten years and has appeared on a plethora of Drama’s AMG mixtapes. Although his debut won’t be hitting store shelves until this winter, Willie has graciously provided us with a taste of what is to come. On the V12 The Hitman-produced The Real, the Michigan-born lyrical-visionary reassures listeners that he too is tired of the “bulls**t” and will “put you on some real s**t.” Though his stage name includes the title “kid,” Willie’s skills are anything but childish.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love for Money ft. Trey Songz, LA The Darkman, Bun B..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.