In September of ’06, DJ Drama’s Aphilliates Music Group signed a major distribution deal with WMG’s Asylum Records. Later this year, the first project under this label marriage will be released, courtesy of the “Crown Prince,” Willie The Kid. No stranger to the rap game, Willie has been penning records for over ten years and has appeared on a plethora of Drama’s AMG mixtapes. Although his debut won’t be hitting store shelves until this winter, Willie has graciously provided us with a taste of what is to come. On the V12 The Hitman-produced The Real, the Michigan-born lyrical-visionary reassures listeners that he too is tired of the “bulls**t” and will “put you on some real s**t.” Though his stage name includes the title “kid,” Willie’s skills are anything but childish.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love for Money ft. Trey Songz, LA The Darkman, Bun B..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.