In September of ’06, DJ Drama’s Aphilliates Music Group signed a major distribution deal with WMG’s Asylum Records. Later this year, the first project under this label marriage will be released, courtesy of the “Crown Prince,” Willie The Kid. No stranger to the rap game, Willie has been penning records for over ten years and has appeared on a plethora of Drama’s AMG mixtapes. Although his debut won’t be hitting store shelves until this winter, Willie has graciously provided us with a taste of what is to come. On the V12 The Hitman-produced The Real, the Michigan-born lyrical-visionary reassures listeners that he too is tired of the “bulls**t” and will “put you on some real s**t.” Though his stage name includes the title “kid,” Willie’s skills are anything but childish.
Listen to More: Willie The Kid
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love for Money ft. Trey Songz, LA The Darkman, Bun B..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)