In September of ’06, DJ Drama’s Aphilliates Music Group signed a major distribution deal with WMG’s Asylum Records. Later this year, the first project under this label marriage will be released, courtesy of the “Crown Prince,” Willie The Kid. No stranger to the rap game, Willie has been penning records for over ten years and has appeared on a plethora of Drama’s AMG mixtapes. Although his debut won’t be hitting store shelves until this winter, Willie has graciously provided us with a taste of what is to come. On the V12 The Hitman-produced The Real, the Michigan-born lyrical-visionary reassures listeners that he too is tired of the “bulls**t” and will “put you on some real s**t.” Though his stage name includes the title “kid,” Willie’s skills are anything but childish.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love for Money ft. Trey Songz, LA The Darkman, Bun B..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.