In September of ’06, DJ Drama’s Aphilliates Music Group signed a major distribution deal with WMG’s Asylum Records. Later this year, the first project under this label marriage will be released, courtesy of the “Crown Prince,” Willie The Kid. No stranger to the rap game, Willie has been penning records for over ten years and has appeared on a plethora of Drama’s AMG mixtapes. Although his debut won’t be hitting store shelves until this winter, Willie has graciously provided us with a taste of what is to come. On the V12 The Hitman-produced The Real, the Michigan-born lyrical-visionary reassures listeners that he too is tired of the “bulls**t” and will “put you on some real s**t.” Though his stage name includes the title “kid,” Willie’s skills are anything but childish.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love for Money ft. Trey Songz, LA The Darkman, Bun B..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.