For residents of crime-ridden inner-city neighborhoods, shooting deaths are simply a fact of of life. On the latest leak off his forthcoming EP, Motown spitter Willie the Kid reminds us just how cheap life can be in the streets, lacing Bronze Nazareth‘s doleful, sampled boardwork with rhymes about the senseless death of a 17-year-old ‘hood-dweller. For more from the freestyle series alum, check out his The CUre 2 EP when it drops this Thanksgiving via iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.