For residents of crime-ridden inner-city neighborhoods, shooting deaths are simply a fact of of life. On the latest leak off his forthcoming EP, Motown spitter Willie the Kid reminds us just how cheap life can be in the streets, lacing Bronze Nazareth‘s doleful, sampled boardwork with rhymes about the senseless death of a 17-year-old ‘hood-dweller. For more from the freestyle series alum, check out his The CUre 2 EP when it drops this Thanksgiving via iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.