Virtually every rapper who comes from a non-“five star” hip-hop city ends up moving to a bigger one hoping to further his career, and only a select few represent their hometowns along with their current places of residence. Willie The Kid is one of those few—though it was in Atlanta that DJ Drama picked him up and signed him to Aphilliates/Asylum, A-town’s surplus of sub-par rappers has left Willie homesick for Grand Rapids, Michigan; MI may be, for the most part, a No Fly Zone, but it has produced quite a few noteworthy purveyors of “true hip-hop.” Complete with a beat by the Sicknotes, this track is sure to fulfill its intended purpose and stir up buzz for WtK’s The Fly: A Gangsta Grillz Production mixtape, as well as his upcoming contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.