Virtually every rapper who comes from a non-“five star” hip-hop city ends up moving to a bigger one hoping to further his career, and only a select few represent their hometowns along with their current places of residence. Willie The Kid is one of those few—though it was in Atlanta that DJ Drama picked him up and signed him to Aphilliates/Asylum, A-town’s surplus of sub-par rappers has left Willie homesick for Grand Rapids, Michigan; MI may be, for the most part, a No Fly Zone, but it has produced quite a few noteworthy purveyors of “true hip-hop.” Complete with a beat by the Sicknotes, this track is sure to fulfill its intended purpose and stir up buzz for WtK’s The Fly: A Gangsta Grillz Production mixtape, as well as his upcoming contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)