Virtually every rapper who comes from a non-“five star” hip-hop city ends up moving to a bigger one hoping to further his career, and only a select few represent their hometowns along with their current places of residence. Willie The Kid is one of those few—though it was in Atlanta that DJ Drama picked him up and signed him to Aphilliates/Asylum, A-town’s surplus of sub-par rappers has left Willie homesick for Grand Rapids, Michigan; MI may be, for the most part, a No Fly Zone, but it has produced quite a few noteworthy purveyors of “true hip-hop.” Complete with a beat by the Sicknotes, this track is sure to fulfill its intended purpose and stir up buzz for WtK’s The Fly: A Gangsta Grillz Production mixtape, as well as his upcoming contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by Burmy on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.