When last we heard from Willie The Kid, it was August of 2012 and the Michigan representative had returned after nearly a year’s absence with mixtape inclusion Marina. The reader response to that joint was so positive that the artist decided to employ the same strategy with the follow-up… including the “disappearing for almost a year” part. Hopefully, freshly-released EP single Medusa isn’t the overture to yet another 11-month drought of new material, as it seems expressly designed to leave fans hungry for more. Here, The Alchemist‘s exotic string/vocal samples back Willie as he delivers tightly-wound bars loosely inspired by Greek mythology. Empire State-repping homies Action Bronson and Roc Marciano lend their dexterous flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. If Medusa‘s whet your appetite, you’ll be able to dig into the main course come September 23, when Willie The Kid’s Masterpiece Theatre EP hits the ‘net for free digital download.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.