When last we heard from Willie The Kid, it was August of 2012 and the Michigan representative had returned after nearly a year’s absence with mixtape inclusion Marina. The reader response to that joint was so positive that the artist decided to employ the same strategy with the follow-up… including the “disappearing for almost a year” part. Hopefully, freshly-released EP single Medusa isn’t the overture to yet another 11-month drought of new material, as it seems expressly designed to leave fans hungry for more. Here, The Alchemist‘s exotic string/vocal samples back Willie as he delivers tightly-wound bars loosely inspired by Greek mythology. Empire State-repping homies Action Bronson and Roc Marciano lend their dexterous flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. If Medusa‘s whet your appetite, you’ll be able to dig into the main course come September 23, when Willie The Kid’s Masterpiece Theatre EP hits the ‘net for free digital download.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.