Much as Willie The Kid enjoys the company of beautiful women, he needs the occasional stretch of alone time to recharge. Even during his most solitary moments, however, there are certain companions who are always welcome by his side: namely Benjamin Franklin, Ulysses S. Grant and Andrew Jackson. On his latest EP single, released along with luxurious visuals by Tekh Togo and Ashley Trieu, the Michigan repper reflects on the ephemeral nature of love as compared to cold, hard cash: “All the h*es show up and leave; Let the Money Stay.” His reflective bars come backed by the lush, soul-sampled production of project collaborator The Alchemist. Feeling it? More bangers await on Willie and Alc’s Masterpiece Theater EP, available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.