Much as Willie The Kid enjoys the company of beautiful women, he needs the occasional stretch of alone time to recharge. Even during his most solitary moments, however, there are certain companions who are always welcome by his side: namely Benjamin Franklin, Ulysses S. Grant and Andrew Jackson. On his latest EP single, released along with luxurious visuals by Tekh Togo and Ashley Trieu, the Michigan repper reflects on the ephemeral nature of love as compared to cold, hard cash: “All the h*es show up and leave; Let the Money Stay.” His reflective bars come backed by the lush, soul-sampled production of project collaborator The Alchemist. Feeling it? More bangers await on Willie and Alc’s Masterpiece Theater EP, available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)