A wise man once said, “No matter how hard you hug your money, it will never hug you back.” Apparently, Michigan rapper Willie The Kid doesn’t care. With the way the Rust Belt is tanking financially, can you really blame him? His new track, Love For Money, explains his obsession with paper wealth. Like so many other rappers, he is captivated by the lavish life and driven by material lust. Guests Trey Songz, LA The Darkman (his older brother), Bun B, and Yung Joc all share his passion for wealth over a beat by V12 Tha Hitman. Apparently, mo’ money no longer means mo’ problems. Love For Money will appear on his upcoming album, Absolute Greatness, in stores September 30. Willie will be heartbroken if you don’t drop $10 on it.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.