If the music business worked like a Presidential election fans would only be able to voice their opinions every four years. Although it might be cool to see campaign ads from the likes of Jigga and Weezy, thankfully hip-hop is far different than U.S. politics. Fans can always connect with an artist via Facebook or Twitter, providing their two cents on an artist’s latest work, which is exactly what happened with Willie Taylor’s latest single, the Tank-assisted Over. Speaking about the song’s release, Taylor wrote, “A lot of my FANS and Tank‘s FANS had been requesting for us to do a song together… since I’m a Big Fan of Tank’s music, I made that call and, well here we are”. From the sound of things it appears that the fans of both artist’s camps were on to something because the Brandon “B.A.M.” Alexander-produced record is sure to get a few headboards banging. It is Tank’s smooth sound that compliments Willie’s laid-back, yet powerful vocals. Over can be found on the windy city crooner’s recently-released mixtape The Reintroduction of Willie Taylor, available for free at NoivakMusic.com.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.