As Naughty by Nature taught us back in 1991, O.P.P. is a beautiful thing. What they conveniently left out, however, was the tendency of flings between otherwise-committed individuals to get complicated, fast, when one or both parties start to catch feelings. On his solo Booth debut, Day26‘s Willie Taylor gives voice to the frustration inevitably engendered by such a situation, crooning over Brandon “B.A.M.” Alexander low-key R&B grooves, “I can’t keep lovin’ you like this when you’re Not Mine.” Dondria echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the guest tip. If this anguished ballad has whet your appetite for more, then keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the Sept 25, arrival of Taylor’s new solo tape, The Reintroduction of Willie Taylor.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.