As Naughty by Nature taught us back in 1991, O.P.P. is a beautiful thing. What they conveniently left out, however, was the tendency of flings between otherwise-committed individuals to get complicated, fast, when one or both parties start to catch feelings. On his solo Booth debut, Day26‘s Willie Taylor gives voice to the frustration inevitably engendered by such a situation, crooning over Brandon “B.A.M.” Alexander low-key R&B grooves, “I can’t keep lovin’ you like this when you’re Not Mine.” Dondria echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the guest tip. If this anguished ballad has whet your appetite for more, then keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the Sept 25, arrival of Taylor’s new solo tape, The Reintroduction of Willie Taylor.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)