As Naughty by Nature taught us back in 1991, O.P.P. is a beautiful thing. What they conveniently left out, however, was the tendency of flings between otherwise-committed individuals to get complicated, fast, when one or both parties start to catch feelings. On his solo Booth debut, Day26‘s Willie Taylor gives voice to the frustration inevitably engendered by such a situation, crooning over Brandon “B.A.M.” Alexander low-key R&B grooves, “I can’t keep lovin’ you like this when you’re Not Mine.” Dondria echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the guest tip. If this anguished ballad has whet your appetite for more, then keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the Sept 25, arrival of Taylor’s new solo tape, The Reintroduction of Willie Taylor.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.