As Naughty by Nature taught us back in 1991, O.P.P. is a beautiful thing. What they conveniently left out, however, was the tendency of flings between otherwise-committed individuals to get complicated, fast, when one or both parties start to catch feelings. On his solo Booth debut, Day26‘s Willie Taylor gives voice to the frustration inevitably engendered by such a situation, crooning over Brandon “B.A.M.” Alexander low-key R&B grooves, “I can’t keep lovin’ you like this when you’re Not Mine.” Dondria echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the guest tip. If this anguished ballad has whet your appetite for more, then keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the Sept 25, arrival of Taylor’s new solo tape, The Reintroduction of Willie Taylor.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.