As Naughty by Nature taught us back in 1991, O.P.P. is a beautiful thing. What they conveniently left out, however, was the tendency of flings between otherwise-committed individuals to get complicated, fast, when one or both parties start to catch feelings. On his solo Booth debut, Day26‘s Willie Taylor gives voice to the frustration inevitably engendered by such a situation, crooning over Brandon “B.A.M.” Alexander low-key R&B grooves, “I can’t keep lovin’ you like this when you’re Not Mine.” Dondria echoes the headliner’s sentiment on the guest tip. If this anguished ballad has whet your appetite for more, then keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the Sept 25, arrival of Taylor’s new solo tape, The Reintroduction of Willie Taylor.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.