As part of a five-man group, it’s a hard task letting your vocals shine when you’re sharing the spotlight with so many other members, but with the release of his new mixtape, The Re-Introduction of Willie Taylor, former Day26 member Willie Taylor finally has the spotlight all to himself. After making his DJBooth debut last month on the Dondria-assisted cut Not Mine, the Chicago crooner returns to our pages with the romantically soulful Morning. Although some of us welcome our mornings by throwing our alarm clocks clear across our bedrooms, Taylor seems to welcome his mornings with open arms as he sings about the “beautiful face” resting next to him on the record. Led by production from both Devin Johnson and Romayo, Morning boasts an effortlessly upbeat audio backdrop which serves as a perfect companion to the singer’s amorous vocals. The Windy City songster’s The Re-Introduction of Willie Taylor mixtape was released today and is hosted by Big Tigger and DJ V Dub.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.