As part of a five-man group, it’s a hard task letting your vocals shine when you’re sharing the spotlight with so many other members, but with the release of his new mixtape, The Re-Introduction of Willie Taylor, former Day26 member Willie Taylor finally has the spotlight all to himself. After making his DJBooth debut last month on the Dondria-assisted cut Not Mine, the Chicago crooner returns to our pages with the romantically soulful Morning. Although some of us welcome our mornings by throwing our alarm clocks clear across our bedrooms, Taylor seems to welcome his mornings with open arms as he sings about the “beautiful face” resting next to him on the record. Led by production from both Devin Johnson and Romayo, Morning boasts an effortlessly upbeat audio backdrop which serves as a perfect companion to the singer’s amorous vocals. The Windy City songster’s The Re-Introduction of Willie Taylor mixtape was released today and is hosted by Big Tigger and DJ V Dub.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.