It’s been over a year since we last heard from Atlanta-by-way-of-Michigan emcee Willie the Kid, on his ’09 DJBooth Freestyle Pain and the Passion, but the man’s obviously been busy in the interim. As new leak Booth Shot Lincoln so capably demonstrates, not only has he clearly been working to solidify his already hard rhymes, but he’s become a student of history as well (if he had referenced President McKinley assassin Leon Czolqosz I would have really been impressed). Behind the boards, producer V12 Da Hitman more than lives up to his high octane name, giving Willie a stalking, instant head banger of a beat to work over, and work he does, dropping line after line of stream-of-consciousness, shotgun blast rhymes that strike like Lee Harvey Oswald from 100 yards. Is all of Willie’s upcoming project this homicidally dope? Can I figure out a way to name drop Charles Guiteau, thereby allowing me to work every presidential assassin into one write-up? Expect those questions and more to be answered when his The Fly 2 Mixtape drops on an as-yet unspecified date.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.