It’s been over a year since we last heard from Atlanta-by-way-of-Michigan emcee Willie the Kid, on his ’09 DJBooth Freestyle Pain and the Passion, but the man’s obviously been busy in the interim. As new leak Booth Shot Lincoln so capably demonstrates, not only has he clearly been working to solidify his already hard rhymes, but he’s become a student of history as well (if he had referenced President McKinley assassin Leon Czolqosz I would have really been impressed). Behind the boards, producer V12 Da Hitman more than lives up to his high octane name, giving Willie a stalking, instant head banger of a beat to work over, and work he does, dropping line after line of stream-of-consciousness, shotgun blast rhymes that strike like Lee Harvey Oswald from 100 yards. Is all of Willie’s upcoming project this homicidally dope? Can I figure out a way to name drop Charles Guiteau, thereby allowing me to work every presidential assassin into one write-up? Expect those questions and more to be answered when his The Fly 2 Mixtape drops on an as-yet unspecified date.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.