It’s been over a year since we last heard from Atlanta-by-way-of-Michigan emcee Willie the Kid, on his ’09 DJBooth Freestyle Pain and the Passion, but the man’s obviously been busy in the interim. As new leak Booth Shot Lincoln so capably demonstrates, not only has he clearly been working to solidify his already hard rhymes, but he’s become a student of history as well (if he had referenced President McKinley assassin Leon Czolqosz I would have really been impressed). Behind the boards, producer V12 Da Hitman more than lives up to his high octane name, giving Willie a stalking, instant head banger of a beat to work over, and work he does, dropping line after line of stream-of-consciousness, shotgun blast rhymes that strike like Lee Harvey Oswald from 100 yards. Is all of Willie’s upcoming project this homicidally dope? Can I figure out a way to name drop Charles Guiteau, thereby allowing me to work every presidential assassin into one write-up? Expect those questions and more to be answered when his The Fly 2 Mixtape drops on an as-yet unspecified date.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.