The second rapper (after Jody Breeze) to be signed to Jazze Pha‘s Sho’Nuff Records, Willie Joe, takes a shot at the responsibility of representing two cities at once with the new single, How We Roll. Proven hit producer DJ Toomp (What You Know, I Luv It, Can’t Tell Me Nothing) helps give the track an A-Town sound, however, by no means does Willie forget his Bay Area roots, with his hyphy-style verses (marking the first time MacGyver has ever been brought up in a rap). From coast to coast, How We Roll, has the makings of a radio hit, thanks to Willie’s mastery of balance.
Written by Burmy on 09/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heavy Breather ft. Willie Joe & Bohagon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.