The second rapper (after Jody Breeze) to be signed to Jazze Pha‘s Sho’Nuff Records, Willie Joe, takes a shot at the responsibility of representing two cities at once with the new single, How We Roll. Proven hit producer DJ Toomp (What You Know, I Luv It, Can’t Tell Me Nothing) helps give the track an A-Town sound, however, by no means does Willie forget his Bay Area roots, with his hyphy-style verses (marking the first time MacGyver has ever been brought up in a rap). From coast to coast, How We Roll, has the makings of a radio hit, thanks to Willie’s mastery of balance.
Written by Burmy on 09/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heavy Breather ft. Willie Joe & Bohagon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.