The second rapper (after Jody Breeze) to be signed to Jazze Pha‘s Sho’Nuff Records, Willie Joe, takes a shot at the responsibility of representing two cities at once with the new single, How We Roll. Proven hit producer DJ Toomp (What You Know, I Luv It, Can’t Tell Me Nothing) helps give the track an A-Town sound, however, by no means does Willie forget his Bay Area roots, with his hyphy-style verses (marking the first time MacGyver has ever been brought up in a rap). From coast to coast, How We Roll, has the makings of a radio hit, thanks to Willie’s mastery of balance.
Written by Burmy on 09/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heavy Breather ft. Willie Joe & Bohagon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.