Having treated fans to the DJBooth underground hits How We Roll and Bay’d Out (with Mistah F.A.B. and Clyde Carson), “Bay to the A” rapper Willie Joe brings forth another buzz single from his upcoming debut album, The Come Up. What’s different about Get On It, however, is that it is his most hyphy-sounding buzz joint to date. Whispered verses, a crazy-sounding hook, and Traxamillion‘s minimalist production help give Willie Joe another “Bay to the A” hit, with Get On It having slightly more ‘Bay’ than ‘A’ appeal. The Come Up will make its way into stores and online retailers this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Roll" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.