Having treated fans to the DJBooth underground hits How We Roll and Bay’d Out (with Mistah F.A.B. and Clyde Carson), “Bay to the A” rapper Willie Joe brings forth another buzz single from his upcoming debut album, The Come Up. What’s different about Get On It, however, is that it is his most hyphy-sounding buzz joint to date. Whispered verses, a crazy-sounding hook, and Traxamillion‘s minimalist production help give Willie Joe another “Bay to the A” hit, with Get On It having slightly more ‘Bay’ than ‘A’ appeal. The Come Up will make its way into stores and online retailers this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Roll" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.