Having treated fans to the DJBooth underground hits How We Roll and Bay’d Out (with Mistah F.A.B. and Clyde Carson), “Bay to the A” rapper Willie Joe brings forth another buzz single from his upcoming debut album, The Come Up. What’s different about Get On It, however, is that it is his most hyphy-sounding buzz joint to date. Whispered verses, a crazy-sounding hook, and Traxamillion‘s minimalist production help give Willie Joe another “Bay to the A” hit, with Get On It having slightly more ‘Bay’ than ‘A’ appeal. The Come Up will make its way into stores and online retailers this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Roll" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.