Having treated fans to the DJBooth underground hits How We Roll and Bay’d Out (with Mistah F.A.B. and Clyde Carson), “Bay to the A” rapper Willie Joe brings forth another buzz single from his upcoming debut album, The Come Up. What’s different about Get On It, however, is that it is his most hyphy-sounding buzz joint to date. Whispered verses, a crazy-sounding hook, and Traxamillion‘s minimalist production help give Willie Joe another “Bay to the A” hit, with Get On It having slightly more ‘Bay’ than ‘A’ appeal. The Come Up will make its way into stores and online retailers this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Roll" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)