Even though Willie Joe currently resides in Atlanta, he always represents his Bay Area stomping grounds to the fullest. Emphasizing that point, Willie offers a reminder in the form of Bay’d Out by bringing in fellow Bay-natives Mistah F.A.B. (who recently squashed his crazy beef with Royce Da 5’9) and Clyde Carson (coming off a semi-hit with Sean Kingston). Laying aside the stereotypical Hyphy-sound for a more street-like demonstration of their regional lives, each MC claims different parts of the California Central Valley, from Sacramento and Stockton. Add a synth-heavy beat from Renaissance, and voila; Bay’d Out could be an anthem for the “new Bay Area” movement.
Written by Burmy on 12/19/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Roll" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.