Even though Willie Joe currently resides in Atlanta, he always represents his Bay Area stomping grounds to the fullest. Emphasizing that point, Willie offers a reminder in the form of Bay’d Out by bringing in fellow Bay-natives Mistah F.A.B. (who recently squashed his crazy beef with Royce Da 5’9) and Clyde Carson (coming off a semi-hit with Sean Kingston). Laying aside the stereotypical Hyphy-sound for a more street-like demonstration of their regional lives, each MC claims different parts of the California Central Valley, from Sacramento and Stockton. Add a synth-heavy beat from Renaissance, and voila; Bay’d Out could be an anthem for the “new Bay Area” movement.
Written by Burmy on 12/19/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Roll" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.