Don’t get me wrong, emcees of the world; I love a good rapper, but there’s just something so impressive about an emcee who can crush it behind the boards as well. Think of it as the icing on the (pound) cake; it just adds that extra layer of deliciousness. I present Money Train, the latest feature from Willie B., as Exhibit A in my case for dual-threat artists. His boisterous, dense flow and forceful wordplay are enough to leave any hip-hop head satisfied, but he goes that extra mile by cooking up the crisp, horn-centered beat (with a little help from Seige Monstracity). All aboard the Money Train! Next stop: Willie’s forthcoming beat tape, Ichiban: Live From Manhattan. Expect the release to pull into the station sometime in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away (Re-Produced by Willie B.)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.