After the success of Suppose (Neon Feather Remix) earlier this month, I have a good idea how hungry fans will react to hearing that William Howard‘s rejoined forces with the titular producer for another fresh single: “Why’d you wait so long?” Released along with in-studio visuals by John Ryan Flaherty, Back & Forth finds the singer in a romantic situation that all too many of us will be able to relate to. Showcasing his unique, earthy vocal style over Jeremy Denman and the aforementioned beatsmith’s low-key, reverb-drenched grooves, the indie crooner’ ponders how to respond when an ex reinitiates contact after many years. Tempted as he is to rekindle that old flame, he can’t help but wonder what ulterior motives lie behind her reappearance in his life. Howard has announced via Facebook that Back & Forth will be his “...last single for some time”—could he have something big in the works? Only time will tell, but fans can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.