After the success of Suppose (Neon Feather Remix) earlier this month, I have a good idea how hungry fans will react to hearing that William Howard‘s rejoined forces with the titular producer for another fresh single: “Why’d you wait so long?” Released along with in-studio visuals by John Ryan Flaherty, Back & Forth finds the singer in a romantic situation that all too many of us will be able to relate to. Showcasing his unique, earthy vocal style over Jeremy Denman and the aforementioned beatsmith’s low-key, reverb-drenched grooves, the indie crooner’ ponders how to respond when an ex reinitiates contact after many years. Tempted as he is to rekindle that old flame, he can’t help but wonder what ulterior motives lie behind her reappearance in his life. Howard has announced via Facebook that Back & Forth will be his “...last single for some time”—could he have something big in the works? Only time will tell, but fans can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.