When will.i.am released his first single, I Got It From My Mama, you may remember my bold prediction of worldwide diamond sales and three or four chart hits from Songs About Girls. In retrospect, the diamond sales prediction was a bit of a stretch, but the hits prediction is still within reach (one down and three to go). Apparently, Will must have forgotten his line from One More Chance where he explained “you need a good n*gga to stickwitchu,” because on Heartbreaker a girl catches him creeping and Will simply says “Ima heartbreaker.” Fortunately, Will knows how to take lemons and make lemonade; his beat is fun and easy to dance to in the club. Look for Heartbreaker to improve Songs About Girls’ disappointing Soundscan numbers.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.