When will.i.am released his first single, I Got It From My Mama, you may remember my bold prediction of worldwide diamond sales and three or four chart hits from Songs About Girls. In retrospect, the diamond sales prediction was a bit of a stretch, but the hits prediction is still within reach (one down and three to go). Apparently, Will must have forgotten his line from One More Chance where he explained “you need a good n*gga to stickwitchu,” because on Heartbreaker a girl catches him creeping and Will simply says “Ima heartbreaker.” Fortunately, Will knows how to take lemons and make lemonade; his beat is fun and easy to dance to in the club. Look for Heartbreaker to improve Songs About Girls’ disappointing Soundscan numbers.
Written by Burmy on 11/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.