No, “Freshy” isn’t a relative form of freshness, á la Stephen Colbert’s “truthiness.” Instead, this freshly-released standout (and potential single selection) off will.i.am‘s forthcoming solo set is about all the “fresh sh*t” the artist rocks on the daily. Whereas will’s last feature, Bieber-assisted single #thatPOWER, has a driving, four-on-the-four feel, this joint exudes a more relaxed brand of swagger. Spare, syncopated percussion and tinny synth tones back the headliner as he shows off a few of his most prized possessions. Juicy J guests, indulging his taste for cocaine and beautiful women on verse two. Does the Black Eyed Peas frontman have another hit on his hands? Debate away—and watch our pages for more new music leading up to the April 23, arrival of #willPOWER.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.