When first I read the title of the latest feature from William Bolton (formerly known as Times New Roman, which remains his production alias), my immediate thought was, “Damn! It takes some serious testicular fortitude to attempt an Al Green cover.” I’ve got to admit, I breathed a small sigh of relief when I realized that Let’s Stay Together was actually an original. Thinking about one of the greatest soul men even to walk this earth, though, did put me in the mood for something smooth and old school-infomed, and this single definitely fits the bill. As usual, the Michigan native showcases his talents on both sides of the mixing board; over some addictive brass/vocal loops borrowed from New Birth’s ‘72 funk classic, Oh Baby I Love the Way, he assures his girl he’s still in “love, love love,” and urges her to stay the course despite their recent disagreements. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Let’s Stay Together is unattached to any larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Bolton’s plans as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the Adam Ardekani-directed visuals for Bolton’s new Let’s Stay Together single.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.