Last Tuesday, when “Yes, we can” officially became “Yes, we DID!” Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am knew that he had to declare “It’s A New Day.” In honor of the monumental event, the artist/producer created this united-we-stand track, which originally premiered last week on Oprah to rousing approval and applause. In celebration of Barack Obama becoming the President-Elect, this uplifting ditty provides a fitting soundtrack to the ideals of hope and progress. Though It’s A New Day is a promo single unattached to any album release, it will continue to resonate for as long as the realization of a black President in office takes to settle in. Ignited like so many others by the “Yes, we can” mantra, will.i.am makes another statement with this potential Obama inauguration song.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.