Last Tuesday, when “Yes, we can” officially became “Yes, we DID!” Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am knew that he had to declare “It’s A New Day.” In honor of the monumental event, the artist/producer created this united-we-stand track, which originally premiered last week on Oprah to rousing approval and applause. In celebration of Barack Obama becoming the President-Elect, this uplifting ditty provides a fitting soundtrack to the ideals of hope and progress. Though It’s A New Day is a promo single unattached to any album release, it will continue to resonate for as long as the realization of a black President in office takes to settle in. Ignited like so many others by the “Yes, we can” mantra, will.i.am makes another statement with this potential Obama inauguration song.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.