Last Tuesday, when “Yes, we can” officially became “Yes, we DID!” Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am knew that he had to declare “It’s A New Day.” In honor of the monumental event, the artist/producer created this united-we-stand track, which originally premiered last week on Oprah to rousing approval and applause. In celebration of Barack Obama becoming the President-Elect, this uplifting ditty provides a fitting soundtrack to the ideals of hope and progress. Though It’s A New Day is a promo single unattached to any album release, it will continue to resonate for as long as the realization of a black President in office takes to settle in. Ignited like so many others by the “Yes, we can” mantra, will.i.am makes another statement with this potential Obama inauguration song.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)