A Little Party Never Killed Nobody, single numero uno off the soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann’s recently-released film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, saw Black Eyed Peas frontwoman Fergie doing her best impression of a Jazz Age chanteuse. Now, crewmate will.i.am has taken a shot (no pun intended) at blending the Roaring 20’s and the 2010s on the newly-released Bang Bang. Here, the pop hitmaker attempts to fuse vaudeville with modern club music. Over a sprightly, banjo-laced instrumental arrangement fortified with four-the-floor-percussion, will mixes flowed bars with more period-appropriate sung vocals, even trying his hand at scatting on the back. An unknown director’s official visuals accent the old-timey feel. In addition to being featured on Music From Baz Luhrmann’s Film The Great Gatsby, out now in stores and online, Bang Bang is included with the deluxe edition of will.i.am’s latest solo set, #willPOWER.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.