A Little Party Never Killed Nobody, single numero uno off the soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann’s recently-released film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, saw Black Eyed Peas frontwoman Fergie doing her best impression of a Jazz Age chanteuse. Now, crewmate will.i.am has taken a shot (no pun intended) at blending the Roaring 20’s and the 2010s on the newly-released Bang Bang. Here, the pop hitmaker attempts to fuse vaudeville with modern club music. Over a sprightly, banjo-laced instrumental arrangement fortified with four-the-floor-percussion, will mixes flowed bars with more period-appropriate sung vocals, even trying his hand at scatting on the back. An unknown director’s official visuals accent the old-timey feel. In addition to being featured on Music From Baz Luhrmann’s Film The Great Gatsby, out now in stores and online, Bang Bang is included with the deluxe edition of will.i.am’s latest solo set, #willPOWER.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.