Can you feel it—that warm glow emanating from will.i.am‘s latest record? Following the tepid reader response to his last couple features, T.H.E. remix/reimagining Go Home and Great Times, the Black Eyed Peas frontman has channeled all the positive vibes at his disposal into This Is Love, a fresh single that he hopes will cause his critics’ hearts to instantly grow three sizes a la the Grinch—or, at the very least, leave them grooving so hard they forget to write those negative reviews. Currently starring as a judge on the U.K. edition of televised talent competition The Voice, will recruits a few of his European connects to help him spread his message of good cheer on both sides of the Atlantic; Swedish House Mafia‘s Steve Angello mans the mixing boards, providing a club-ready beat that builds from a spare piano loop to a blistering, four-on-the-floor chorus, and Dutch singer Eva Simons lends her soaring vocals to the record’s hook. And the headliner? He keeps it simple and pop-appealing as usual, expressing his undying affection for bass, treble, electronic beats and even cellos in shout-along verses. Feeling it? More dancefloor-scorchers await on #WILLPOWER, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.