Can you feel it—that warm glow emanating from will.i.am‘s latest record? Following the tepid reader response to his last couple features, T.H.E. remix/reimagining Go Home and Great Times, the Black Eyed Peas frontman has channeled all the positive vibes at his disposal into This Is Love, a fresh single that he hopes will cause his critics’ hearts to instantly grow three sizes a la the Grinch—or, at the very least, leave them grooving so hard they forget to write those negative reviews. Currently starring as a judge on the U.K. edition of televised talent competition The Voice, will recruits a few of his European connects to help him spread his message of good cheer on both sides of the Atlantic; Swedish House Mafia‘s Steve Angello mans the mixing boards, providing a club-ready beat that builds from a spare piano loop to a blistering, four-on-the-floor chorus, and Dutch singer Eva Simons lends her soaring vocals to the record’s hook. And the headliner? He keeps it simple and pop-appealing as usual, expressing his undying affection for bass, treble, electronic beats and even cellos in shout-along verses. Feeling it? More dancefloor-scorchers await on #WILLPOWER, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)