Since time immemorial, heads have hotly debated the relative hardnesses of various artists, but an objective standard for measuring that elusive quality has yet to be established—until now. Using a complex set of algorithms, we have determined that The Hardest artists Ever to grace the game are… will.i.am, Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger?! Huh, go figure. In theory, then, the lead single off Will’s fourth solo set should be the most intimidating record in urban-music history. Premiering live on tonight’s American Music Awards broadcast, this tough-as-nails cut finds Will, Audiobot and Dallas Austin teaming up to craft a danceable synth-percussion beat to back the B.E.P. mastermind as he delivers his trademark blend of Auto-Tuned singing and guilty-pleasure punchline lyricism. After a tuneful guest verse from J-Lo (who also lends her vocals to the chorus), the Rolling Stones frontman grabs the mic to flaunt his considerable swagger (and his poor math skills: “Hard like geometry, trigonometry / This is crazy—psychology”) in a gruff closing 16. So, do these artists sound like the Holy Trinity of hardness, or should we re-check our calculations? If you’re digging this cut, keep it locked for release details on #willpower, as well as watching out for the record’s official video, dropping in the next month.
Written by richard on 11/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.