Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
will.i.am may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but the man does have a damn near superhuman knack for scaling the Billboard charts. Fresh off scoring a massive international hit with Scream & Shout, the Black Eyed Peas frontman is back with the latest potential smash off his forthcoming full-length. Along with the headliner’s compulsively body-moving electro-pop boardwork and guilty-pleasure lyricism (Representative sample: “They call me Will-ay / Stay so cool I’m chill-ay.”), #thatPOWER boasts a soaring hook from teenage pop superstar Justin Bieber. Does this joint have what it takes to repeat its predecessor’s success? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked to our pages for all the latest leading up to the release of will’s sixth solo LP, #willpower, on April 23.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view will.i.am’s Ben Mor-directed #thatPOWER visual.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.