Booth readers welcomed will.i.am and Britney Spears’ collab Scream & Shout with a lukewarm reaction, giving the song an average of two stars. While the club anthem did appear on the December 3, DJBooth R&B/Pop Chart, it only reached number 17. Maybe Hit-Boy, who recently remixed the club anthem, can help change your opinion? Catering to an all-star emcee guest lineup of Lil Wayne, Diddy, and Wacka Flocka Flame, the hitmaking producer gives the track a hip-hop makeover that better suits the energetic styles of all three guests. Does this rap friendly remix change you opinion of the tune, or is it destined for mediocrity? Share your two cents below, and keep it locked for all the latest from the huge names attached to the record.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view will.i.am’s Ben Mor-directed Scream & Shout (Remix) video.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.